#

Friday 9th - Session F (Ex Wine Bar Room)


SESSION F15
- 9:00 - 10:40
Workshop: ELV - End of Life Vehicles
Chair: Maria Chiara Zanetti (IT)

In the last 20 years the automotive industry has noticeably expanded thus determining the increase of End of Life Vehicles (ELVs) and the related wastes production. In the CE about the 80% of the total weight of vehicle is recycled; the remaining 20% is mainly formed by the so called Automotive Shredder Residue (ASR). The CE Directive 2000/53/CE establishes that before the end of 2015 the maximum amount of ELV wastes that may be landfilled is equal to the 5% b.w. and the maximum amount that may be incinerated is the 10% b.w. Particularly the demolition phases of a vehicle are the following: safety procedures, separation operations in order to optimize recycle and final crushing operations. In order to reach the aims of the mentioned Directive it is important to optimize the vehicle dismantling operations and to increase the recyclable components in new vehicles. In this workshop the problems related to ASR production and treatment are shown and also the alternative solutions for end of life tyres treatment and recycle keeping into account the feasability and the environmental sustainability.

Introductory lectures:

A. Bartl, E. Hauser, M.P. Wistuba (AT)
End-of-life vehicle recycling: new possibilities for the fiber fraction in asphalt pavements
M. Bergonzoni, E.V. Rossetti, A. Segalini, F. Bisceglie, S. Pollini, C. Maffezzoni (IT)
Recycling and enhancement of End of Life vehicles paddings for sustainable products

10:40 - 11:10 Coffee break


SESSION F16
- 11:10 - 12:50
Workshop: Challanges in material recovery from WEEE
Chair: Francesco Vegliò (IT)